woensdag 24 oktober 2018

Megyn Kelly over Blackface

MEDIA 
10/24/2018 09:17 am ET Updated 45 minutes ago

Megyn Kelly Issues On-Air Apology For Blackface Defense: ‘I Was Wrong’

The NBC host faced backlash after questioning what was racist about white people darkening their skin for Halloween costumes.
NBC host Megyn Kelly issued an on-air apology Wednesday after she defended white people who wear blackface while discussing Halloween costumes on her show a day earlier.
“I want to begin with two words: I’m sorry,” Kelly said at the start of “Megyn Kelly Today” on Wednesday. “You may have heard yesterday that we had a discussion here about political correctness and Halloween costumes. And that conversation turned to whether it is ever OK for a person of one race to dress up as another. ”
She continued: “I defended the idea, saying as long as it was respectful and part of the Halloween costume, it seemed OK. Well, I was wrong and I am sorry.”
The former Fox News host drew heated backlash after questioning what is racist about white people darkening their skin while dressing up for Halloween or the reverse.
“When I was a kid, that was OK, so long as you were dressing up as a character,” Kelly, who was born in 1970, told an all-white panel during her show Tuesday. “I can’t keep up with the number of people we’re offending just by being normal people.”



Geen opmerkingen:

NRC. Goedemorgen en Welterusten

  Goe Vandaag 16 APRIL 2024 Goedemorgen, Oekraïne slaakt een noodkreet: door het tekort aan munitie dreigt Rusland op alle fronten terrein t...