Zoeken in deze blog 🔎🔎

dinsdag 6 oktober 2026

Joanna's Narcissism (2)

 In response to my story about the 28-year-old Bulgarian woman Joanna M. (https://stanvanhoucke.blogspot.com/2026/10/joannas-narcissism.html), she wrote me the following this afternoon: “Joanna Mihaylova 13:00 (7 hours ago) You took a photo of me without my consent? That's totally not okay, I wasn't aware you're taking pictures of me and also placing them in articles, did you maybe think of asking me beforehand?” Indeed I did. To be more precise, I told you a few years ago that I and my friend and camera-man, Mattias Ylstra, with whom I made a dozen film documentaries, would like to interview young Europeans about the problematic future which lays ahead, because my generation was not interested what would happen with their children. Joanna, you never stated that you would not like to be filmed. The photo I made was during a short break in a conversation. That you didn't know I took a picture, surprises me. You personally showed me pictures on internet of you and your Bulgarian Friends. Photos like these: 





Joanna, as you can see, the photo's are not unique, but represent the sphere of the live of young people, who want to be recognized. And still there is something bizarre going on. You want to hide yourself, as if you are afraid of yourself. That is why you did not react on the fragments of the famous book on narcissism by Christopher Lasch. This I will work out next time. It's not meant as an attack on your personality, but as an explanation for the selfishness of my generation. I hope you will seriously deal with the text instead of  trying to evade the essence by complaining about one photo.



Geen opmerkingen:

Joanna's Narcissism (2)

  In response to my story about the 28-year-old Bulgarian woman Joanna M. ( https://stanvanhoucke.blogspot.com/2026/10/joannas-narcissism.ht...