donderdag 4 oktober 2018

Vanessa Beeley. A Brave Journalist

During my interview with functioning #WhiteHelmets in Daraa Al Balad, the leader of this chapter of UK FCO intelligence operatives disguised as "humanitarians" was convinced I might have the power to influence Mayday Rescue to reinstate their funding that had not been forthcoming for 6 months.  Luckily for me, nobody recognised me during the impromptu visit when I was also joined by Adham Alkrad, the notoriously violent and sectarian leader of the "moderate" FSA in Daraa who invented the 5T Omar Rocket which was fired into civilian areas on a regular basis. 
Now calling himself Abu Mohanad Al Mahameed ( I have researched his previous names), this "leader" of the WH attempted to reassure me that they had no affiliation to Nusra Front, despite the fact their centre was part of a complex controlled by Al Qaeda until they were bussed to Idlib. A former flour mill was the setting for Nusra Front activity, with the WH centre in the grounds of the mill. Unfortunately for the White Helmets across Syria, Al Mahameed decided to expose them as very probably being led by and consisting of Nusra Front terrorists, while, of course, claiming that the Daraa centre was purer than the driven snow: 
Here speaking about the White Helmets based in Western Daraa: 
"Of course, he might be Nusra Front and run a WH center so this means all his colleagues are also Nusra Front , but not in my area." 
Seems the propaganda vessel is cracking wide open. 
I am just waiting on the final transcripts of the interviews and to complete my research into the identity and affiliations of the White Helmets we spoke to before I write the complete article.. so please bear with me. 
Photos: former image of Al Mahameed taken from his own Facebook account, two screenshots from the video of interview conducted in Daraa Al Balad 20/9/2018. Please do not share without credit or the post itself, thank you.

Geen opmerkingen:

Peter Flik en Chuck Berry-Promised Land

mijn unieke collega Peter Flik, die de vrijzinnig protestantse radio omroep de VPRO maakte is niet meer. ik koester duizenden herinneringen ...